Tuesday, October 26, 2010

And I thought I was bored

From Good Morning America we finally get the riveting run down on "Why do dogs shake when they are wet."  Yes this was the question so-called researcher David Hu was wondering.  So with a team of experts they went out to discover why animals, not just dogs, shake when wet.

What they found out was stunning, earth shattering and paradigm shifting... if you're a moron. Smaller animals had to shake more to equal the amount of force created by larger animals to equal the amount of drying.  But the big answer is yet to come! What could the answer be... hum?

Really people? Someone studied this?  Actually what doesn't bother me so much is that someone actually took the time to research this.  Lord knows I waste time  every day doing useless things (like what I'm doing now for example).  What does get my goat though is that he got on T.V. because of it.  It's as bad as the people who wasted research dollars on finding out the reason why hot pizza burns the roof of your mouth.  That's simple; because you're either too hungry or too much of a slob to wait for it to cool.  Give me the grant money thank you very much.

So back to this current raging debate. The brainiacs shot slow motion sequences of wet animals in all their wet action best.  Back and forth you get to watch hairy, dripping wet animals twist in all their natural glory.  Sounds like fun doesn't it?  Yeah, you're right.  It really doesn't.  But nevertheless there it was in slo-mo video.

If you haven't come to the obvious answer to, "Why do dogs shake when they are wet?" And still haven't taken the time to go see the fascinating and stunning results on the GMA website, let me shed some light on it.  The grand answer is (drum roll please)... because they want to dry off.

I know... shocking isn't it?  Bet you didn't see that one coming, did ya? C'mon, be honest.  Oh and Mr. Hu, next time you have a curiosity about something like this, just shoot me an email.  I can save you a lot of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment