Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Dr. isn't in

  • So far this is how my morning is going:



Except for looking bored waiting for my next customer, I'm overbooked.  Not sure what "vibe" I'm giving off today, but apparently everyone thinks that I'm Lucy in her booth waiting to give out sage advice.  Maybe they just want to bend an ear, but for whatever reason they're flocking to me today.

Let me clarify for those that don't realize this; let me clearly state, I don't care.  Feel free to take a second to let that sink in.  Now if you still are unsure if you fall into this category or somehow managed to get on my, let-it-slide list for the day, here's a rundown.  If you fall into the following, you fall into the "leave me alone" category.  So if you told me that:


  1. You told me that a doctor is currently waiting, impatiently for an image to download to a computer and in the process is grumbling at said computer.
  2. A short, rotund woman is by your desk and chit-chatting with your co-worker about gasoline. 
  3. The cleaning lady keeps putting your garbage can a few inches away from your desk and that's driving you insane!
  4. certain someone is taking all your paperclips.
  5. There isn't any air freshener in the restroom.
  6. Someone kept putting boxes in your parking spot at your apartment yesterday.
  7. The repair guy told you, blah, blah, blah about the x-ray machine.
  8. The hospital admin told you blah, blah, blah about some person that the hospital who said blah, blah, blah about blah, blah, blah.
  9. The chemical for blah, blah, blah.
  10. The blah, blah, blah... can you tell that I'm already shutting down and tuning out?
    you've over stayed your welcome.

It's not that I hate the people I work with, for the most part they're good people.  I could do without the Dr.'s "God" complexes, but it goes with the territory.  What is vexing is that people seem to think that I care.  When did this happen?   More importantly, HOW?  What did I do to screw up?  That's what I need to find out so that I can correct my error.  I can not state this any more clearly than I am right now.  I don't care.  Not only do I not care, I really, honestly, deeply, whole-heartily, and with every fiber, nay atom of my being... i don't care.  Period.  End of discussion.  Of course, if it's something important, yeah I want to know.  But telling me that so and so keeps taking your paperclips doesn't interest me.  Seriously, it doesn't.  But there you are, yet again... yup, you just told me that she did it again.  Why didn't you take my advice and tell her to stop?  Why didn't you just grab a new box of them?  They're EVERYWHERE!  Why?  


Uugh... at least Lucy got paid for having to listen to peoples "problems." 

No comments:

Post a Comment